The IMI research fellowship scheme is the main engine that drives the IMI’s research portfolio. By adding value to research through a number of different mechanisms, including
- The inclusion of IMI MIRAs,
- Supporting the development of external partnership,
- Assisting with the realisation of impact,
- Our process of grant enhancement,
Our research engages with mathematically innovative research across a number of themes. Including:
Knowledge Exchange, Industry and Impact
Knowledge exchange is a means to share information and expertise within academic circles and with outside partners (including industry, charities, business and policy makers), leading to mutual research and impact benefit. The IMI works closely with the Knowledge Transfer Network.
The IMI was a key member in the foundation of the Virtual Forum for Knowledge Exchange in the Mathematical Sciences which is heavily engaged in addressing the problems brought by the COVID-19 pandemic among other topical research areas.
IMI is involved in the European Maths in Industry Network MI-NET and supports industrial mathematics collaborations across the world through the network of international study groups. The institute has a strong and growing portfolio of industrial partners; find out how to partner with us on our Industry Engagement pages
Universtiy of Bath Interdisciplinary Research Network
The IMI is a member of the University of Bath Interdisciplinary Resaerch Network. We work with colleagues from different institutes and research centres across campus to develop interdisciplinary research outputs, and strengthen the quality and delivery of research at the Univeristy of Bath.
National and International Networks
IMI has strong links with both national and international centres of research excellence.
In the UK, among many academic partners, we work with:
- Isaac Newton Institute
- International Centre for the Mathematical Sciences
- Heilbronn Institute
- Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
- Alan Turing Institute
Among many academic partners, we collaborate internationally with:
- Centre for Mathematical Modelling (CMM), Universidad de Chile
- Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas A.C. (CIMAT)
- Instituto de Investigaciones en Matemáticas Aplicadas y Sistemas, National Autonomous University of Mexico (IIMAS-UNAM)
- Instituto de Matemáticas, National Autonomous University of Mexico (IMATE-UNAM)