We are hiring!
Are you up for a new challenge? Do you want to use your analytical skills to push the boundaries of science in academia and in industrial research? Do you like to work in multi-disciplinary teams? Then this position might be just the right thing for you.
We are currently inviting applications from candidates for two Mathematical Innovation Research Associate (MIRA) positions. Working as part of an interdisciplinary academic team you will be expected to:
- Provide mathematical expertise to a variety of long-term and short-term projects at the interface of the mathematical sciences and other research disciplines, both academic and industrial;
- Learn about and implement new mathematical skills for interdisciplinary projects;
- Cultivate your own mathematical identity with a broad base of expertise;
- Demonstrate leadership through the development of collaborative grant submissions and impact acceleration.
We are interested in applicants with experience in as many of the following areas as possible, preferably at least two:
- Interdisciplinary mathematical modelling
- Machine learning and/or other quantitative modelling in AI
- Statistical modelling
- Numerical analysis and scientific computing
MIRA roles are exciting and demanding requiring independence, intellectual flexibility and a proactive, can-do attitude. MIRAs are a core team within IMI that provides expert input into the development of new research ideas and funding proposals, in addition to conducting research on collaborative projects involving academics and industry. Come and join our enthusiastic team to collaborate with a wide range of academics from across the university. We want to develop long-lasting and strategic partnerships with industry and non-academic institutions that result in maximal impact of the mathematical sciences. You will be central to these aims and values.