Engage with the IMI
We seek deep and enduring mathematical research relationships with our industrial partners.
IMI and, more generally, the University of Bath have lots of ways to engage. Get in touch to find out how we can help you work with the IMI or get involved in other research activities around the university.
- Collaborative research funding proposal – work with IMI to prepare a research proposal to funding bodies such as Innovate UK, EPSRC and the Royal Society for a joint project.
- Study groups with industry – work with mathematicians over 3-5 days on specific company challenges.
- Company-funded collaborative research – for exploratory work; we would retain the right to publish any innovative research outcomes; costed at full economic cost rates.
- Company-funded consultancy – confidential projects where the company owns all the outputs.
Engage across the University of Bath
PhD projects – co-fund a PhD student project in one of Bath’s EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training, more specifically:
- Statistical Applied Mathematics at Bath (SAMBa)
- Accountable, Responsible and Transparent Artificial Intelligence (ART-AI)
- Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (AAPS)
Integrative Think Tanks – run by Bath’s EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training SAMBa, are facilitated, week-long workshops to formulate mathematical problems to applied challenges that can be jointly pursued by academics and industrial partners.
MSc projects – three-month research project in collaboration with industry with a Bath mathematical MSc programme:
Undergraduate placements – an undergraduate student can spend a year with a company as a paid employee.